Reporting to the Shift Manager, this is a hands-on role to supervise 4/5 operators and ensure the completion of cleaning schedules, machine log-books and safety checks. Working in partnership with the Shift Manager, you will ensure that all staff adhere to all company policies, procedures and standard operations. Plus, provide technical and engineering support to the engineering team on site.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check SLDs and Vanpa systems to ensure they are working correctly.
- Ensure the Chipper Room is checked each hour to ensure operation of Chippers and levels of “regrind” in bins.
- Trouble-shoot process issues on any machine, dealing with basic maintenance issues to avoid unnecessary downtime.
- Maintain machine efficiency and seek to reduce reject rates to achieve business targets.
- Organise and monitor team members’ breaks.
- In conjunction with Warehouse Manager, undertake coaching of new team members.
- Ensure all safety checks are carried out within the first 2 hours of shift.
- Prior to shift start, complete handover with finishing Cell Leader and brief shift.
- Carry out Tool Audit to ensure all shift tools are present and in good condition.
- Collate production figures as directed by the Shift Manager.
- Ensure ongoing and continuous improvement within the department.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Strong leadership qualities with a proven ability to coach and develop teams.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships.
- Strong IT skills to include Microsoft Excel.
- Attention to detail and a high level of organisation.
HOURS OF WORK:
- 4 on and 4 off continental 12-hour shift pattern – first 2 shifts are days and last 2 shifts are nights.
APPLY FOR THE ROLE
If you feel that you possess the requirements above along with the drive and ambition, then we would love to hear from you! Please submit your CV and salary requirements to Careers@Firstcircle.group